Dr. Lawrence Wong attended the annual lunch of Hong Kong Independent Non-Executive Directors Association (HKiNEDA) in Regal Hong Kong Hotel on 25 Feb 2019.
Thank you Mr. Lui Tim Leung, Chairman of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC), for attending and sharing his expectations for the independent non-executive directors, as well as thanked the support of the INED members.
President Anthony Fan announced two major tasks of this year. First is the official establishment of the INED Fellowship system, followed by the basic course of independent non-executive directors to be launched soon. It provides essentials and tailored INED training courses for professionals with business experience and interested in the INED industry.
In addition to the above two major tasks, HKiNEDA also has its major reform plan, including the establishment or expansion of six task forces：
1. New Economy Task Force (NETF)
2. Training & Accreditation Task Force (TATF)
3. Corporate Governance Task Force (CGTF)
4. Business Valuation Task Force (BVTF)
5. Membership & Talent Task Force (MTTF)
6. Marketing & Media Task Force (MMTF)